Travel assistance is included in all our policies, with no need to pay an additional premium. In addition their is a 24 hour helpline.
Medical costs – What is included?
Sanitas travel assistance is provided by Europ Assistance, which provides you with cover to a limit of €10,000 per person, per claim. You can chose your own clinics and hospitals and covered for both accidents and illnesses outside of Spain. Included in your cover are the costs you incur from a doctors visit or hospitalisation, ambulance charges for transfers ordered locally by the clinic, emergency dental care (some limitations apply), treatment provided and prescriptions.
What is not included?
- Charges made by physician of less than €3
- Spectacles, contact lenses, protheses or crutches
- Expenses attributable to illnesses or conditions you had before travel, treatments already arranged in Spain or pregnancy treatments which arise during the first 150 days of pregnancy
- Healthcare issues which are a result of earthquake, flood, volcanic eruption, war, insurrection or uprising
- Attention required as a result of taking part in competitive motor sports
- Nuclear radiation
€10,000 per person per claim
If you are admitted to hospital by your doctor, then the additional accommodation costs will be reimbursed for the person who accompanies you, as long as they are also insured under your policy. The limit for these costs is €60 per day, up to 10 days.
Transport – What am i covered for?
If you suffer an accident or illness when abroad and medically supervised transport is required, transport will be arranged by Europ Assistance. They may arrange (depending on injury or accident):
- Air Ambulance
- Scheduled Flight
- First class sleeper train
If you are alone while injured abroad and are required to stay in hospital for more than 5 days, Europ Assistance will arrange for a relative to join you abroad. All travel arrangements for you and relatives will be decided upon by Europ Assistance physicians.
What is not included?
- An injury which can be dealt with immediately and does not delay travel
- Chronic conditions that affect your state of health
- Deterioration of an existing condition that is ongoing at the time of travel
- Conditions arising from pregnancy, with the exception of conditions which arise in the first 150 days of pregnancy
- Travel expenses and accommodation costs should your family accompany you to hospital
Legal costs – Time Frame
In the event that you are subject to prosecution or imprisonment in the country of travel, Europ Assistance will issue a payment to cover the demand for bail, issued by the local authority, up to a limit of €10,000. However, these funds must be repaid to Europ Assistance within two months and a guarantee of repayment my be required from you before the funds are issued.
Delivery of drugs and medicines – what am i covered for?
If drugs and medicines prescribed to you are not available then Europ Assistance will arrange for them to be delivered to you from an alternative source.
What is not covered?
- If a drug or medicine is no longer manufactured
- When the items are not available from regular distributors in Spain
- Prescription Costs